As You Like It turns the traditional rules of romance on their heads. Gender roles, nature, and politics are confused in a play that reflects on how bewildering yet utterly pleasurable life can be.
Rosalind, the daughter of a banished duke, falls in love with Orlando at a wrestling match. Her usurping uncle, jealous of her popularity, banishes her from court. Disguised as a boy, she leaves with her cousin Celia and the jester Touchstone to seek out her father in the Forest of Arden. Here she meets Orlando again and, under the guise of a young man, counsels him in the art of love and wooing.
A firm favorite among Shakespeare’s comedies, and including some of his best loved characters, As You Like It runs the glorious gamut of pastoral romance: cross-dressing and love-notes; poetry and brilliant conversation; gentle satire, slapstick and passion.
Auditions are February 28 and March 1, with callbacks on March 2
For audition forms and character descriptions, please go to our audition page.
Auditions are open to all, ages 12 and up. Come join us and add some fun into your spring!
Additional Audition Information:
- You do not need to prepare a reading. You will be asked to read lines with other auditioners. If you are a singer and would like to be considered for a singing role, you will be asked to sing a few bars of a song of your choosing.
- We are planning for a very light rehearsal schedule through April and do not plan to conflict with the Calendar Girls rehearsal schedule.
- For a smoother audition experience, please print out the Audition Sheet on the audition page and complete it prior to coming to auditions.
- Bring your calendar and be prepared to list any conflicts.
- Please refer to the Cast of Characters list on this page for a brief summary of the characters. You may also print out the information in the Cast of Characters attachment on the audition page.
- There will be a Cast Meeting and Read-Through Wednesday, March 8th at 6:30pm