As You Like It turns the traditional rules of romance on their heads. Gender roles, nature, and politics are confused in a play that reflects on how bewildering yet utterly pleasurable life can be.
Rosalind, the daughter of a banished duke, falls in love with Orlando at a wrestling match. Her usurping uncle, jealous of her popularity, banishes her from court. Disguised as a boy, she leaves with her cousin Celia and the jester Touchstone to seek out her father in the Forest of Arden. Here she meets Orlando again and, under the guise of a young man, counsels him in the art of love and wooing.
A firm favorite among Shakespeare’s comedies, and including some of his best loved characters, As You Like It runs the glorious gamut of pastoral romance: cross-dressing and love-notes; poetry and brilliant conversation; gentle satire, slapstick and passion.
For audition forms and character descriptions, please go to our audition page by clicking HERE.
Auditions are open to all, ages 12 and up. Come join us and add some fun into your spring!
Additional Audition Information:
- You will be asked to read lines from a script with other auditioners. If you are a singer and would like to be considered for a singing role, you will be asked to sing a few bars of a song of your choosing.
- We are planning for a light rehearsal schedule through April and do not plan to conflict with the Calendar Girls rehearsal schedule.
- For a smoother audition experience, please print out the attached Audition Sheet and complete it prior to coming to auditions.
- Bring your calendar and be prepared to list any conflicts.
- Bring a photo or image of yourself that you can leave with us.
- Please refer to the Cast of Characters list below for a brief summary of the characters. You may also print out the information in the Cast of Characters attachment below.
- There will be a Cast Meeting and Read-Through Tuesday, March 7th at 6:30pm